- If you are planning on listing your house for sale this year, these four home improvement projects will net you the most Return on Investment (ROI).
- Minor renovations can go a long way toward improving the quality of your everyday life and/or impressing potential buyers.
- Whether you plan to stay in your house for a long time or just a few years, it’s smart to know which home renovations add the most value.
- June is National Homeownership Month!
- Now is a great time to reflect on the many benefits of homeownership that go way beyond the financial.
- What reasons do you have to own your own home?
- ATTOM Data Solutions conducted an analysis of more than 29 million single family home and condo sales over the past eight years to determine the top days to list your home for sale.
- The top five days to list your home brought in a 10% premium over market value and are all in either May or June!
- “Families start their home search when they know their kids will be out of school and when the weather is ideal for home viewing and moving, giving home sellers an upper hand in price negotiations.”
- There is still time to list your home before these dates pass you by!
- Historically, the choice between renting or buying a home has been a tough decision.
- Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home today (27.7%) vs. the percentage needed to buy a median-priced home (17.5%), the choice becomes obvious.
- Every market is different. Before you renew your lease again, find out if you can put your housing costs to work by buying this year!
- Existing Home Sales slowed to an annual pace of 5.21 million home sales in March.
- Low inventory levels are still impacting home sales! The current month’s supply of homes for sale is 3.9-months.
- Median home prices were up 3.8% over last March at $259,400. This marked the 85th consecutive month with year-over-year price gains.
- “The majority of millennials said they consider owning a home more sensible than renting for both financial and lifestyle reasons — including control of living space, flexibility in future decisions, privacy and security, and living in a nice home.”
- The top reason millennials choose to buy is to have control over their living space, at 93%.
- Many millennials who rent a home or apartment prior to buying their own homes dream of the day when they will be able to paint the walls whatever color they’d like or renovate an outdated part of their living space.
- The average down payment for first-time homebuyers is only 6%!
- Mortgage interest rates have been on the decline since November! Hop in now to lock in a low rate!
- 88% of property managers raised their rents in the last 12 months!
- The average credit score on approved loans continues to fall across many loan types!
- Every spring, your home needs some extra TLC!
- Whether you plan on selling your home this spring or not, conducting this maintenance will help ensure your home functions well for the rest of the year.
- Your real estate agent will have a list of specific suggestions for getting your house ready for market and is a great resource for finding local contractors who can help!
- If you are thinking of buying a home, you may not know where to start.
- Here is a simple list of 10 steps that you will go through to purchase a home.
- Make sure to ask your agent for details about each step and what else may be required in your area!
- Interest Rates for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage have dropped to 4.41% from near 5% in 2018.
- Take advantage of more inventory coming to market in the spring to find your dream home!
- Buying now will allow you to start earning equity today!